ATT wireless IPv6

Jared Mauch jared at puck.nether.net
Wed Jul 15 22:33:54 UTC 2015

> On Jul 15, 2015, at 6:29 PM, Jake Khuon <khuon at NEEBU.Net> wrote:
>
> On 15/07/15 04:54, Jared Mauch wrote:
>> Does anyone know what the story is here? They have some transparent proxies for IPv4 traffic and I was wondering if they were to be IPv6 enabled soon or if IPv6 will reach the handset.
>
> Hmmm...  I'm seeing my rmnet1 interface on my Galaxy S5 as having an
> address out of the 2600:380:46ae::/38 space which is allocated to AT&T
> Mobility.

I exchanged a few emails earlier today with someone and it seems to depend on your APN.  If you have the VoLTE APN on your device you can get IPv6, including when tethering. The APN you want is nxtgenphone.

If you have a device where you can not edit the APN settings (iPhone) you can not use the IPv6 enabled VoLTE APN.

I suspect this will be enabled if they launch VoLTE on the iPhone.

- Jared