ARIN IPV4 Countdown

David Conrad drc at virtualized.org
Wed Jul 15 03:09:02 UTC 2015

http://www.juniper.net/documentation/en_US/junos11.4/topics/concept/ipv6-nat-overview.html, but perhaps you meant something else.

> it's going to be difficult for the layman to understand their firewall.

Not really. I suspect a stateful firewall for IPv6 will look pretty indistinguishable from a NAT.

> deployment of ipv4 is pretty simple.

Now, yes.

> ipv6 on the otherhand is pretty difficult at the network level.

I haven't found it to be.  In fact, in my home network (Comcast+Apple gear), it sort of just happened. I don't recall configuring anything special.

> yes, all the clients get everything automatically except for the router/firewall.

All clients also get router/firewall.

Regards,
-drc