Remember "Internet-In-A-Box"?

Stephen Satchell list at satchell.net
Tue Jul 14 23:46:10 UTC 2015

This goes back a number of years.  There was a product that literally
was a cardboard box that contained everything one needed to get started
on the Internet.  Just add a modem and a computer, and you were on your
way.  No fuss, no "learning curve".

I'm beginning to think that someone needs to create a similar product,
but for IPv6 internet.  The Internet service providers would provide the
same sort of kit to get people started.  Just add a CSU/DSU (like a
cable modem) and a computer, and you are on your way.

Also, I think we need a *real* book called "IPv6 for Dummies" (maybe
even published by IDG Books) that walks through all the beginner stuff.
  There's beginner stuff that I've seen by using a search engine; a
dead-tree book, though, may well be better for Joe Average.

Just my pair-o-pennies(tm)