M$ no v6 or just me?

Jared Mauch jared at puck.nether.net
Tue Jul 14 21:42:05 UTC 2015

> On Jul 14, 2015, at 5:26 PM, Jim Popovitch <jimpop at gmail.com> wrote:
>
> On Tue, Jul 14, 2015 at 5:22 PM,  <A.L.M.Buxey at lboro.ac.uk> wrote:
>> Hi,
>>
>>> No.  My DNS (using the roots) gets it right.  ;-)
>>
>> so if you choose google DNS you dont see the right stuff..in which case its your DNS
>> and not microsoft or Akamai not doing IPv6  ;-)    same true for OpenDNS? likely...
>
> Dude, it was a test I ran for Nicholas... not my dns.   It doesn't
> mean something is internal or related to a person just because they
> post some data here.
>
> Do I need to spoon feed you the test data that I posted earlier?

Perhaps the smiley? :)

I think the general statement is that if someone uses Google DNS they may not be getting the full IPv6 experience which may be surprising to some people.

I’m not sure why google would filter the AAAA responses, or if it’s something else happening but it does make me wonder what other queries that google would get wrong.

- Jared