Speaking of NTP...

Stephane Bortzmeyer bortzmeyer at nic.fr
Mon Jul 13 13:26:27 UTC 2015

On Mon, Jul 13, 2015 at 01:17:01PM +0000,
 Matthew Huff <mhuff at ox.com> wrote
 a message of 14 lines which said:

> We have 5 NTP server: 2 x stratum 1 rubidium oscillator time servers
> with GPS sync, and 3 servers running NTP 4.2.6p5-3 synced to
> external internet based NTP stratum 1 servers. We monitor our NTP
> environment closely, and over the last 10+ years, normally all of
> our NTP servers are sync'ed within +/- 2 msec. Starting last Friday,
> we started seeing some remote NTP servers with GPS reference
> consistently offset by 10 msec.

I have no idea but I just wanted to remind people that, for a few
months, RIPE Atlas probes have been able to do NTP queries
<https://atlas.ripe.net/docs/data_struct/#v4660_ntp> so it may be a
cool way to monitor NTP servers from many points.