Overlay broad patent on IPv6?

Joe Klein jsklein at gmail.com
Mon Jul 13 08:52:25 UTC 2015

I was recently reading a few IPv6 patent, and happened upon on developed by
 Wesley E. George, Time Warner Cable Inc.  on the topic of Use of dns
information as trigger for dynamic ipv4 address allocation.

It seems to impact the allocation of the IPv4 & IPv6 address for the
gateway router, software defined consumer CPE, UPNP, CGN,  content-based
network, residential broadband networks; DSL networks; fiber-to-the-home
(FTTH), fiber-to-the-node (FTTN), or fiber-to-the-curb (FTTC) networks;
wireless Internet service providers (WISP)(fixed wireless to replace home
broadband, typically in rural areas); or indeed to any situation with an
on-demand IPv4 connection and dynamically assigned addressing.

Am I reading this wrong? Has Time Warner patented all functions on the CPE?

Joe Klein
"Inveniam viam aut faciam"