another tilt at the Verizon FIOS IPv6 windmill

Paul B. Henson henson at acm.org
Mon Jul 13 03:35:01 UTC 2015

On Sun, Jul 12, 2015 at 02:32:33PM -0700, Ca By wrote:

> Yes, move your business to TWC. TWC  has a proven v6 deployment and is
> actively engaged in the community, as where vz Fios is not.
>
> Business only understand $

Yah, cheap bastards :). I've got 50/50 fios right now; TWC can match the
downstream but it looks like the upstream maxes out at 20 :(. At least
for standard business internet, looks like their "Dedicated Internet
Access" can be had at up to 10G. Arg, no prices for anything online
though. I'd really hate to lose my upstream and I don't think I want to
know how much DIA costs ;). I'm paying $125 for 50/50 with 5 static IPs
right now. And I'm actually pretty happy with it other than the dead
silence regarding IPv6.

I suppose the average "business" user doesn't even know what IPv6 is
<sigh>, and Verizon probably doesn't care if they lose a handful of
techies :(. What has Frontier done about IPv6 in the fios territories
they've already purchased? Assuming the deal goes though I'll be a
Frontier customer by this time next year...