another tilt at the Verizon FIOS IPv6 windmill

Paul B. Henson henson at acm.org
Sun Jul 12 21:25:57 UTC 2015

I think it's been about a year and a half since I last looked (and
cried) at the status of FIOS IPv6. As far as I can tell, there's been no
new official news since 2013. We're deploying IPv6 at the university I
work at, so IPv6 at home is moving from "wish I had it to play with"
towards "need to have it to work from home". So it seems I either cancel
my fios and go with business class cable (I live in Time Warner
territory and it looks like they're good to go with IPv6) or set up a
tunnel with HE. Or pray Google fiber comes to my neck of the woods.

Any new rumors floating around? Any Verizon employees interested in
posting anonymously and explaining what on earth is going on inside the
company? Any secret phone numbers to call to get in on an alpha/beta
test in the So Cal area ;)?

If nothing else, it always feels better to hear other people say how
ridiculous this is too <sigh> :).

Thanks...