Dual stack IPv6 for IPv4 depletion

Ricky Beam jfbeam at gmail.com
Sat Jul 11 00:08:22 UTC 2015

On Fri, 10 Jul 2015 16:06:03 -0400, Mel Beckman <mel at beckman.org> wrote:
> It's like going to a Starbucks as a homeless person with just pocket
> change, and ordering the cheapest coffee on the menu, and being told
> "Oh, that's for off-planet visitors only. It says so on our website
> under "Terms and Conditions." Can I interest you in this giga-latte at
> only four times the price?"

You are confusing the "price list" with the "menu". Yes, a simple note at
the bottom of that table would fix this: Current minimum IPv6 allocation
is /36.  That schedule doesn't say you can get a /40, only what you will
pay if you *HAVE* a /40.

(Did ARIN ever hand out /40's? If not, why is in the table?)