Hotels/Airports with IPv6

Jared Mauch jared at puck.Nether.net
Fri Jul 10 21:56:58 UTC 2015

On Sat, Jul 11, 2015 at 07:41:53AM +1000, Mark Andrews wrote:
> +1 and you will most probably see about 50% of the traffic being IPv6 if
> you do so.  There is lots of IPv6 capable equipment out there just waiting
> to see a RA.

	What I noticed when I ran a transparent HTTP proxy at my gateway
where it had IPv6 on the outside but the hosts inside did not, a lot
of traffic was converted from IPv4 to IPv6 on the exterior.

	As the internet has been moving to HTTPS/HSTS having
DHCP and client-side support of something like
draft-wkumari-dhc-capport is going to become more critical as the days
go by.

	While attempting to trigger the captive portal at RDU this
week, Boingo redirected a query for google to their HTTPS to the
portal and since HSTS was enabled I had no way to proceed from there
to the right location to authenticate.

	There was also some other broken stuff at RDU so I ended up
just using cellular data.

	- Jared

Jared Mauch  | pgp key available via finger from jared at puck.nether.net