Dual stack IPv6 for IPv4 depletion

Naslund, Steve SNaslund at medline.com
Thu Jul 9 20:05:18 UTC 2015

I don't have a problem with that use case IF there is a real firewall between VLANs.  I was mostly referring to residential networks however.  As far as guest access, a lot of today's CPE does that with its internal firewall creating an ACL for anyone on the guest network.  The VLAN barrier is not really needed there and there are lots of techniques for dodging a VLAN barrier anyway.

Steven Naslund
Chicago IL