Hotels/Airports with IPv6

Marcin Cieslak saper at saper.info
Thu Jul 9 17:38:58 UTC 2015

On Thu, 9 Jul 2015, Ca By wrote:

> On Thursday, July 9, 2015, Mel Beckman <mel at beckman.org> wrote:
>
> > I working on a large airport WiFi deployment right now. IPv6 is "allowed
> > for in the future" but not configured in the short term. With less than
> > 10,000 ephemeral users, we don't expect users to demand IPv6 until most
> > mobile devices and apps come ready to use IPv6 by default.
> >

> 1. Users will never demand ipv6. They demand google and facebook. So that
> road goes nowhere

I wonder if the front desk ever understood and forwarded my complaints
about filtered ports (like 22) and other issues with NAT and firewalls.

How do we know what customers "demand" if they don't bother reporting
or are unable to produce a sophisticated report going beyond
"it does not work for me"?

What if Microsoft releases a portable IPv6-only game console one day?

~Marcin