Hotels/Airports with IPv6

Jared Mauch jared at puck.nether.net
Thu Jul 9 14:53:13 UTC 2015

It’s my understanding that many captive portals have trouble with IPv6 traffic and this is a blocker for places.

I’m wondering what people who deploy captive portals are doing with these things?

https://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-wkumari-dhc-capport

seems to be trying to document the method to signal to clients how to authenticate.  I was having horrible luck with Boingo yesterday at RDU airport with their captive portal and deauthenticating me so just went to cellular data, so wondering if IPv4 doesn’t work well what works for IPv6.

Thanks,

- Jared