suggestion for DSCP codepoint for "less than best effort" (scavanger class) traffic

Mark Tinka mark.tinka at seacom.mu
Thu Jul 2 07:25:30 UTC 2015

On 2/Jul/15 09:14, Mikael Abrahamsson wrote:

> It would be great if there could be an operational document as well,
> giving recommendations on how to configure the above, and it would be
> great if it could be done with lots of operator input into the matter.

Given that some networks don't employ QoS, others do but use IPP instead
of DSCP, and others have exaggerated QoS policies that adding a new
profile could be rocket science, it would be interesting to see how this
gets implemented even on the back of a community-agreed spec.

I fear it may follow the same fate as PMTUd. My concern would be around
making sure it does not end up in that bin.

Mark.