Inexpensive software bgp router that supports route tags?

Faisal Imtiaz faisal at snappytelecom.net
Wed Jul 1 18:36:30 UTC 2015

FYI, Mikrotik is software (ROS) you can run it on an x86 platform (physical or virtual machine).
Not sure about the API and BGP, but they have extensive support for scripting.
Additionally check the Mikrotik Forums for other user developed API/Interfaces...

Regards.

Faisal Imtiaz
Snappy Internet & Telecom