REMINDER: LEAP SECOND

Rubens Kuhl rubensk at gmail.com
Wed Jul 1 14:25:54 UTC 2015

On Wed, Jul 1, 2015 at 11:15 AM, Michel Luczak <frnog at shrd.fr> wrote:

> > I had problems with Leap Second with mikrotik in versions 6.29.1, 6.28,
> 6.5 and other versions.
> >
> > Configured NTP Client in all of them.
> >
> > Anyone else had this problem?
>
> Apparently 6.27 was the safe version to have (no issues on our CRS and CCR
> routers).

Not quite. Reported crashes included 6.27, so it's possible that some other
mitigating factor helped not to crash (like using SNTP instead of NTP,
although there seems to be people with crashes using SNTP or no SNTP/NTP at
all).

Variations also include whether hardware watchdog was able to reboot the
box or it just froze (including frontal display not responding).

Rubens