leap second outage

Nicholas Suan nsuan at nonexiste.net
Wed Jul 1 03:42:13 UTC 2015

Correct, the leap second gets inserted at midnight UTC.

"Leap seconds can be introduced in UTC at the end of the months of December

 or June, depending on the evolution of UT1-TAI. Bulletin C is mailed every
 six months, either to announce a time step in UTC or to confirm that there
 will be no time step at the next possible date."

ftp://hpiers.obspm.fr/iers/bul/bulc/bulletinc.dat