Now that's an odd failure mode...

Chris Hartley hartleyc at gmail.com
Sat Jan 31 01:00:08 UTC 2015

At OARNet, the leading cause of aerial fiber outages was squirrels,
followed closely by weather, distantly by angry farmers and once in Akron,
random gunfire...  At OSU, the leading cause of fiber outages is squirrels,
followed distantly by fire.

Somewhere I have a great picture of a squirrel gnawing on a fiber that's
illuminated with a red visible laser.

Don't squirrels go back to their stash?  Could a squirrel get through that
hole, or were those just a lost stash?