cable modem firmware upgrade

Nathan Anderson nathana at fsr.com
Thu Jan 29 04:19:48 UTC 2015

On Wednesday, January 28, 2015 8:11 PM, A MEKKAOUI wrote:

> Anyone knows how to upgrade Motorola SB6120 cable modem firmware other
> than going through the internet provider? Your help will be appreciated.

My employer managed a handful of small DOCSIS networks for a while where 99% of the modems were Motorola, and as far as I know, there is no way to push a firmware update to the modem from the ethernet side...only from the RF side.  And trust me: I looked.  If I ever had to update the firmware on some batch of modems that weren't already deployed on a network, I would hook them up to a test CMTS that we had on the bench in order to do so.

I would strongly suspect that this is going to hold true for just about any DOCSIS modem.

--
Nathan Anderson
First Step Internet, LLC
nathana at fsr.com