Alerting systems, Logicmonitor and/or alternatives

Dorance Martinez Cortes dorancemc at gmail.com
Wed Jan 28 21:21:56 UTC 2015

Hi Jay,

I have experience with nagios and cacti, now I'm experimenting with logic
monitor and observium. The observium is a great tool to discover your
network devices but don't have great graphics and don't have any alarm
system, but you can get a lot of information about your network devices,
connections, ip address, protocols and configurations. Logic Monitor is a
new tool for me, but without comparison with nagios, they have well
support, but some times you need time to create personal data-points
because they don't have recognising for all devices.

Nagios could require time for implementation and experience with command
line and snmp. not is a expensive tool only if you don't want pay for it.
But the nagios XI is a great tool with lot of functions, automatización
process,  graphics, and capacity planning. You can try with nagios xi with
network analyzer.

If you don't have budget maybe nagios core and observium can offer a great
solution.

For comercial solution, I recommend you nagios xi and nagios network
analyzer.

--

Cordialmente,

Dorancé Martínez Cortés
+57 320 6968121
Linux User Number 112632
Nagios Certified Administrator
Certificación ITIL Fundation 2011 ed.
Cali - Colombia
dorancemc at gmail.com
http://dmcingenieria.net
http://dmci.co

"Si piensas que la tecnología puede solucionar tus problemas de seguridad,
está claro que ni entiendes los problemas ni entiendes la tecnología" Bruce
Schneier