Cisco IOS stable/production safe versions?

Nick Ellermann nellermann at broadaspect.com
Tue Jan 27 14:27:00 UTC 2015

I have a Cisco IOS specific question for the group and also specifically related to the 6500 platform. We have always been very conservative with our IOS version that we run in production, we are still running a pretty old safe harbor build of 12.2.x on SUP 720 3BXLs with BGP and OSFP routing. Any advice from fellow network operators that are running the 6500 platform in the core still for versions that are considered safe for production? We are stable, but I am really wanting access to features such as Netflow v9, etc.

Thanks for any advice!

Sincerely,
Nick Ellermann - CTO & VP Cloud Services
BroadAspect

E: nellermann at broadaspect.com<mailto:nellermann at broadaspect.com>
P: 703-297-4639
F: 703-996-4443