scaling linux-based router hardware recommendations

Alexander Neilson alexander at neilson.net.nz
Tue Jan 27 03:59:12 UTC 2015

> On 27/01/2015, at 4:29 pm, Ken Chase <math at sizone.org> wrote:
>
> Hows convergence time on these mikrotik/ubiquity/etc units for a full table?

For the CCR1036-12G-4S with one full table, one domestic table (NZ - ~26k entries) some peering and iBGP full convergence took about three minutes forty seconds last time I timed it from cold.

I may do some new timing as they have been working hard to improve the multi core support (currently BGP still only single core however they been doing some work on efficient allocation of other tasks to cores.