Comcast Support (from NANOG Digest, Vol 84, Issue 23)

Brzozowski, John John_Brzozowski at Cable.Comcast.com
Fri Jan 23 18:27:38 UTC 2015

Correct link for Cisco is updated below.

John
From: <Brzozowski>, John Brzozowski <John_Brzozowski at Cable.Comcast.com<mailto:John_Brzozowski at Cable.Comcast.com>>
Date: Friday, January 23, 2015 at 12:14
To: NANOG <nanog at nanog.org<mailto:nanog at nanog.org>>
Subject: Comcast Support (from NANOG Digest, Vol 84, Issue 23)

Folks,

The thread below was sent to me a few times, apologies for not catching it sooner.

Janet,

I sent you mail unicast with a request for some information.  I am happy to help you out.

For the larger NANOG audience, Comcast has recently launched IPv6 support for our BCI products, these are our DOCSIS based commercial offerings.  This means that if you gateway device is in fact in RG mode you will be delegated a dynamic IPv6 prefix, by default customers are delegated a /56 prefix along with a single IPv6 address that is assigned to the WAN of the gateway device.  IPv6 support applies to the following makes and models:

SMC D3G CCR (http://mydeviceinfo.comcast.net/device.php?devid=216)
Netgear CG3000D (http://mydeviceinfo.comcast.net/device.php?devid=347)
Cisco BWG (http://mydeviceinfo.comcast.net/device.php?devid=407<http://mydeviceinfo.comcast.net/device.php?devid=347>)

For customers where you bring your own cable modem or have one of the above in bridge mode we have enabled IPv6 support for you as well.  However, your router behind the modem must be running software and configured with IPv6 support.  Specifically, your router needs to be support stateful DHCPv6 for IPv6 address and prefix acquisition.  We have received a number of reports from customers that the Juniper SRX does not appear to properly support IPv6.  We are working with Juniper and also recommend that you reach out to Juniper as well.

Please keep checking http://www.comcast6.net for updates, we will post some additional information here in the next week or so.  In the mean time if you have questions feel free to send me mail or post them here on the NANOG list.

HTH,

John
John Jason Brzozowski
Comcast Cable