Comcast Support

Aaron C. de Bruyn aaron at heyaaron.com
Thu Jan 22 23:28:59 UTC 2015

It's starting to become more typical.

I finally resolved an issue after two weeks of fighting with them.
A remote office could send traffic out, but couldn't receive traffic.

I ran tcpdumps on the firewall, and did everything to convince them it
wasn't my problem.

They still insisted on sending out a 'tech' to check the issue.  When
the tech hooked up his Windows XP laptop to the modem and was able to
pull up Bing, he said everything was working fine.  We were told we
would be billed for the tech coming out.

The last time I called in, I *finally* got someone who was studying
for their CCNA, described everything, and he spent about an hour on
the phone troubleshooting.  Finally he re-flashed the modem, reloaded
the config, and manually configured the static IPs on the modem.
Everything immediately came up.

http://xkcd.com/806/

Maybe Comcast train the level 1 techs that if someone says "NANOG" you
get transferred to someone who knows routing... ;)

-A