HTTPS redirects to HTTP for monitoring

Ca By cb.list6 at gmail.com
Sun Jan 18 17:41:13 UTC 2015

On Sunday, January 18, 2015, Ammar Zuberi <ammar at fastreturn.net> wrote:

> So your idea is to block every HTTPS website?

My idea is to provide secure internet and tell the truth about it.

Proxying And mitm  SSL/TLS is telling a lie to the end user and exposing
them and the proxying organization to a great deal of liability.

If you cannot provide proper transport of TLS/SSL, then tell your users
that. Dont fake it and undermine the ecosystem.

Proxying secure traffic is extremely dangerous, you are pretty much
creating trap door in the bank vault.  It is going to hurt when the hackers
find it and you are going to  Be liable for undermining all the secure
communications for all your users.

Your call. Ymmv. May be you are especially lucky and the hackers wont find
this weak spot in your network where all the most important encrypted info
(Perosal and corporate) suddenly becomes clear text.

My advice, dont do mitm, you cant afford it. It is only a matter of
Time when the hackers get this info and steal the identity And drain the
bank accounts  of all your users.