Office 365 Expert - I am not. I have a customer that...

Valdis.Kletnieks at vt.edu Valdis.Kletnieks at vt.edu
Tue Jan 13 08:25:26 UTC 2015

On Tue, 13 Jan 2015 00:02:50 -0600, Jimmy Hess said:
> In other cases, there are concerns about the additional vendor
> lock-in, loss of strong control of the data.   Cannot assure that it
> is encrypted and secure against access by social engineering attacks
> against SaaS provider.

The one that bit us on the tookas for a recent 'outsource to SaaS' project was
trying to negotiate support for our ITAR users (which summarizes to "servers on
US soil, and no 'non US persons' for support staff").  We ended up with several
racks of gear iin a separate room onsite instead....

(To be fair - several vendors were able to provide ITAR-compliant SaaS, just not
at a price point that worked for us...)