Security Track @ NANOG 63 Call for Participation

John Kristoff jtk at cymru.com
Thu Jan 8 02:41:29 UTC 2015

[ Apologies if you saw this elsewhere already - jtk ]

Friends, colleagues, fellow operators,

The network security track, formerly known as the ISP security BoF,
will be on the agenda at NANOG 63 in San Antonio and I will be the track
facilitator.

We not only seek your participation, but we are also interested you
contributing to the track content.  If you have an idea or if you know
someone who might like to present, discuss or conduct a demonstration
of something, we want to hear from you.  Here is an incomplete list of
relevant topics to stir your thoughts:

  * Cloud security (whatever that means :-)
  * Control plane best practices and templates
  * DDoS mitigation experience and case studies
  * Embedded device problems and protections
  * Government regulatory, compliance and privacy issues
  * IPv6 security concerns or case studies
  * MPLS and VLAN security issues
  * NetFlow-based security tools and techniques
  * OpenFlow/SDN security considerations
  * Route leak/hijack monitoring and mitigation
  * Walled garden techniques
  * X.509 certificate infrastructure concerns
  * <insert your new cool tool or idea here>

If you want your PGP key signed by me (or anyone else), you should
upload your key to the biglumber event keyring page before arriving so
we have a record of it before meeting in person.

  <http://biglumber.com/x/web?keyring=6371>

John