whois server features

shawn wilson ag4ve.us at gmail.com
Wed Jan 7 20:45:30 UTC 2015

On Wed, Jan 7, 2015 at 3:32 PM, anthony kasza <anthony.kasza at gmail.com> wrote:
> Scripting languages have modules that can parse many registrar whois
> formats. However, most are incomplete due to the plurality of output formats
> as stated above. I, and i suspect many others, wouls *love* to see a more
> concrete key value format drafted and enforced by ICANN.

Yes, that's what I was looking at. And that REST API looks nice...
Though from what I read (admittedly not the whole doc yet) I didn't
see it defined what type of data is returned, nor what data should be
expected, which would leave me in the same place. If I'm only getting
a blob back (that would be, I guess, internationalized at this point)
I've still got to loop through with a regex expecting some type of
key/value thing and concatenate data after a line break to the last
value (probably removing spaces since they try to format it pretty).