symmetric vs. asymmetric [was: Verizon Policy Statement on Net Neutrality]

Scott Helms khelms at zcorum.com
Fri Feb 27 22:05:02 UTC 2015

Stephen is dead on here.  In DOCSIS the downstream communication happens in
one or more normal cable TV channel band, ie 6MHz channels from 54 MHz to
890MHz.  The upstreams will be (in most cases) either 1.6 MHz, 3.2 MHz, or
6.4MHz wide and in the 5-42 MHz range.

Scott Helms
Vice President of Technology
ZCorum