symmetric vs. asymmetric [was: Verizon Policy Statement on Net Neutrality]

Miles Fidelman mfidelman at meetinghouse.net
Fri Feb 27 20:47:58 UTC 2015

Folks,

Let's not go overboard here.  Can we remember that most corporate and
campus (and, for that matter home) networks are symmetric, at least at
the edges.  Personally, I figure that by deploying PON, the major
carriers were just asking for trouble down the line.  It's not like
carrier-grade gigE switches are that much more expensive than PON gear.

Miles Fidelman