Verizon Policy Statement on Net Neutrality

Mel Beckman mel at beckman.org
Fri Feb 27 20:20:51 UTC 2015

Bill,

I did not change "whenever I demand it" to "all the time". You're hand-waving now. I clearly said that users can't all demand their maximum bandwidth at the same time. That's nothing like "all the time."

Every house can't use its 200 amps at the same time, which happens when everyone turns on their AC on a hot day. The electrical grid is not built to the worst case scenario, and it does in fact break down when those events happen.

Your shower example is perfect. Yes, you can get 120A tankless water heating for a brief interval. But not "whenever you demand it." If you demand it while the everyone is experiencing an HVAC-induced brownout on a hot day, your won't get it. Period.

You never responded to my "BillsNet" real-world example. Is that a straw-man argument too?

 -mel

On Feb 27, 2015, at 12:02 PM, William Herrin <bill at herrin.us<mailto:bill at herrin.us>>