Verizon Policy Statement on Net Neutrality

Rob McEwen rob at invaluement.com
Fri Feb 27 19:58:06 UTC 2015

On 2/27/2015 1:28 PM, Lamar Owen wrote:
> You really should read 47CFR§8.  It won't take you more than an hour
> or so, as it's only about 8 pages.

The bigger picture is (a) HOW they got this authority--self-defining it
in, and (b) the potential abuse and 4th amendment violations, not just
today's "foot in the door" details!

Today's altruistic intentions... is a DIFFERENT ISSUE (though still
important.. and I find much of their wording very open-ended... lots of
"reasonables" in there.. and lots of possible protections or legal
things that are EXTREMELY abusive... yet still universally considered
legal!)

To use an extreme example, if a democratically elected chief executive
of a republic self-appointed himself a dictator-for-life, and stated
that he would use those powers to imprison those who engage in human
trafficking... would you really cheerleader him for fighting human
trafficking and call his new authority a good thing?

In the same way, I don't like the BASIS for this authority... and what
it potentially means in the long term... besides what they state that
they intend to do with this new authority they've appointed themselves
in the short term.

--
Rob McEwen
+1 478-475-9032