Verizon Policy Statement on Net Neutrality

Lamar Owen lowen at pari.edu
Fri Feb 27 18:28:33 UTC 2015

On 02/27/2015 01:19 PM, Rob McEwen wrote:
> We're solving an almost non-existing problem.. by over-empowering an
> already out of control US government, with powers that we can't even
> begin to understand the extend of how they could be abused... to "fix"
> an industry that has done amazingly good things for consumers in
> recent years.

You really should read 47CFR§8.  It won't take you more than an hour or
so, as it's only about 8 pages.

The procedure for filing a complaint is pretty interesting, and requires
the complainant to do some pretty involved things. (47CFR§8.14 for the
complaint procedure, 47CFR§8.13 for the requirements for the pleading,
etc).  Note that the definitions found in 47CFR§8.11(a) and (b) are
pretty specific in who is actually covered by 'net neutrality.'