Verizon Policy Statement on Net Neutrality

Bruce H McIntosh bhm at ufl.edu
Fri Feb 27 18:10:31 UTC 2015

On 2015-02-27 12:49, Stephen Sprunk wrote:

> This case seems to prove that the telco/cable duopoly can't _always_ buy
> the FCC rulings they desire; every now and then, the US govt surprises
> us and actually represents the people.

*snrk* Really?  Ok, I'll let my Inner Cynic out for a romp - the US
government generally tends to represent only itself, which is not
precisely the same thing as the people.

I'll go way out on a limb and post a quote from a polemic snark-piece
recently posted on the Net Neutrality decision:

===
"Why is this so difficult to understand? When forced to choose between
big corporations and big government, you should never choose big
government because whatever you don’t like about the big corporations
WILL ALSO BE PRESENT IN BIG GOVERNMENT, ONLY WORSE, AND WITH GUNS."
===

And when the big corporations and the big government are thoroughly
cross-pollinated, we're doubly screwed.  Rest assured, the Verizons and
AT&Ts in the world will make out just FINE as the FCC starts regulating
the crap out of the situation. The Rest of Us™?  Probably not so much. :)

Bruce H. McIntosh                            bhm at ufl.edu
Senior Network Engineer                      http://net-services.ufl.edu
University of Florida Network Services       352-273-1066