Verizon Policy Statement on Net Neutrality

Jack Bates jbates at paradoxnetworks.net
Fri Feb 27 18:00:56 UTC 2015

On 2/27/2015 11:48 AM, Naslund, Steve wrote:
> How about this?  Show me 10 users in the average neighborhood creating content at 5 mbps....Period.  Only realistic app I see is home surveillance but I don't think you want everyone accessing that anyway.  The truth is that the average user does not create content that anyone needs to see.  This has not changed throughout the ages, the ratio of authors to readers, artists to art lovers, musicians to music lovers, YouTube cat video creator to cat video lovers, has never been a many to many relationship.

It is likely not to change when people don't have the available upload
to begin with. This is compounded by the queue problems on end devices.
How many more people would stream to twitch or youtube or skype if they
didn't have to hear this, "Are you uploading? You're slowing down the
download! I can't watch my movie!"

Jack