Verizon Policy Statement on Net Neutrality

Naslund, Steve SNaslund at medline.com
Fri Feb 27 17:48:36 UTC 2015

How about this?  Show me 10 users in the average neighborhood creating content at 5 mbps....Period.  Only realistic app I see is home surveillance but I don't think you want everyone accessing that anyway.  The truth is that the average user does not create content that anyone needs to see.  This has not changed throughout the ages, the ratio of authors to readers, artists to art lovers, musicians to music lovers, YouTube cat video creator to cat video lovers, has never been a many to many relationship.

On 2015-02-27 12:13, Valdis.Kletnieks at vt.edu wrote:
> Consider a group of 10 users, who all create new content.  If each one
> creates at a constant rate of 5 mbits, they need 5 up.  But to
> download all the new content from the other 9, they need close to 50 down.
>
> And when you expand to several billion people creating new content,
> you need a *huge* pipe down.

Steven Naslund
Chicago IL