Verizon Policy Statement on Net Neutrality

wbn wbn at drpeering.net
Fri Feb 27 16:43:03 UTC 2015

> On Feb 27, 2015, at 7:21 AM, Bob Evans <bob at FiberInternetCenter.com> wrote:
>

>> Just think of all that innovation and investment that's been "stifled"
>> over the last 50 years under Title II.
>> Anyone remember having to "rent" their rotary phones from AT&T?
>
> Yes, I am that old. You were not allowed to connect a phone of your own.

Me too - I remember when my Dad got the nasty call from AT&T because he plugged in an unauthorized phone in the house - I guess they could tell from the additional resistance on the line. But the phone system worked pretty reliably back then - can’t say the same about today’s misc mash of systems.

Anyway, back to the topic… this looks like most telecom debates: people latch onto one side or the other, the fight is in the context (problem statement and the definitions) but underneath it all there are actually reasonable perspectives on each side.

Bill