v6 deagg

Sander Steffann sander at steffann.nl
Tue Feb 24 18:16:51 UTC 2015

Hi Bill,

> I don't fully understand the math yet but the algorithm doesn't smell
> right. As near as I can figure it may only be correct in a static
> system. If after convergence the disaggregate ceases to be reachable
> from the aggregate, there doesn't appear to be either enough
> information in the system or enough triggers traveling between routers
> for it to reconverge to a correct state.

If a network announces an aggregate when they can't reach all more-specifics then things will already be broken. Don't announce address space that you can't handle traffic for...

But true: without Dragon the more specific would still arrive via another path and it would still be reachable.

Cheers,
Sander