AOL Postmaster

Rich Kulawiec rsk at gsp.org
Tue Feb 24 12:36:12 UTC 2015

On Tue, Feb 24, 2015 at 03:19:06AM +0100, Fred wrote:
> Having exactly the same issue. Also never received any response from
> AOL. Quite annoying.

I've been waiting since January 26th for a response from dmarc-help at teamaol.com,
which is their stipulated contact point for DMARC issues.

Of course I wouldn't *need* a response about that if they hadn't implemented
DMARC so foolishly.

It seems that the days when Carl Hutzler ran the place -- and ran it well --
are now well behind them.  I didn't always agree with their decisions,
but it was obvious that they were working hard and trying to make AOL a
good network neighbor, so even when I disagreed I could at least acknowledge
their good intentions.   It seems now that AOL is determined to permit
unlimited abuse directed at the entire rest of the Internet while
simultaneously making life as difficult as possible for everyone who
*doesn't* abuse...and is counting on their size to make them immune from
the consequences of that decision.

---rsk