draft-ietf-mpls-ldp-ipv6-16

Jeff Tantsura jeff.tantsura at ericsson.com
Fri Feb 20 22:35:39 UTC 2015

For L2VPN if you could make it work - go with EVPN day 1, it solves most of the issues present in both LDP and BGP VPLS implementations.
Be aware of differences in PBB vs plain EVPN and platform support.
EVPN, specifically multhoming/split horizon/some other stuff as well as presence of L3 (type 2/5) and complications of above brings lots of complexity into fast path processing and not every platform/NPU can do full spec.

Regards,
Jeff