NYC Metro Ethernet Providers

Bryn Sadler bryn.sadler at essensys.co.uk
Fri Feb 20 16:15:00 UTC 2015

Hi all,

We're currently a UK based managed service provider looking to open up in the New York area. Part of our service model involves buying quite a lot of L2 ethernet tails from customer prems back to our DCs, usually 100Mb and 1Gb, but sometimes smaller 10-50Mb services for backups. I was wondering if anyone on the list would be able to recommend reliable providers in that region, we'd essentially just want pure Layer 2 so we can run our own VLANs etc across them, with a number of circuits aggregated and handed off in a DC as a trunk, each circuit as an SPVLAN that we can then strip.

Thanks in advance for any feedback,

Bryn Sadler