draft-ietf-mpls-ldp-ipv6-16

Phil Bedard bedard.phil at gmail.com
Thu Feb 19 17:03:21 UTC 2015

ASR9K IOS-XR 5.3.0 Release Notes:

IPv6 Support in MPLS LDP: Starting from release 5.3.0, support for native
MPLS LDP over IPv6 is enabled to continue providing existing services
seamlessly while enabling new ones. The attributes and capabilities of the
existing MPLS LDP have been extended to be IPv6 aware.

This is based off the -12 draft, that LDP over v6 draft has seen a lot of
contention for various reasons.

Details at:

http://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/td/docs/routers/asr9000/software/asr9k_r5-3/mp
ls/configuration/guide/b-mpls-cg53x-asr9k/b-mpls-cg53x-asr9k_chapter_010.ht
ml#concept_FA2F48EE4A2044458FE25897118AFBA4

If you have CCO access you can download the 5.3.0 XRv VMs and play around
with it.

Phil