OT - Small DNS "appliances" for remote offices.

Denys Fedoryshchenko denys at visp.net.lb
Thu Feb 19 12:38:01 UTC 2015

Beaglebone has gigabit mac, but due some errata it is not used in
gigabit mode, it is 100M (which is maybe enough for small office). But
it is "hardware" mac.
Another hardware MAC on inexpensive board it is Odroid-C1.
But stability of all this boards in heavy networking use is under
question, i didn't tested them yet intensively for same purpose.

On 2015-02-19 02:27, Geoff Mulligan wrote:
> The BeagleBone Black uses flash memory to hold the system image which
> allows it to boot quickly.  I'm running Ubuntu Trusty 14.04 and it
> seems stable.
>
>         Geoff
>
> *--
> Presidential Innovation Fellow | The White House*
>
> On 02/18/2015 05:20 PM, Bacon Zombie wrote:
>> You also have to watch out for issues with the Pi corrupting SD cards.
>> On 19 Feb 2015 01:04, "Geoff Mulligan" <nanog08 at mulligan.org> wrote:
>>
>>> I have used the BeagleBone to run a few simple servers.  I don't know
>>> if
>>> the ethernet port on the Bone is on the USB bus. It is slightly more
>>> expensive than a PI, but they have worked well for me.
>>>
>>>          Geoff

---
Best regards,
Denys