Access switch for small business recommendation

Manuel Marín mmg at transtelco.net
Thu Feb 19 05:15:46 UTC 2015

Dear nanog community

I'm looking for a cost effective access switch for FTTB  active fiber
deployments. We are currently using Accedian demarcation devices but it's
probably an overkill for customers that only require a basic internet
service. The basic requirements we are looking for are:

* Vlan support in order to deploy multiple services
* 1 or 2 SFP ports
* 4 10/100/1000
* Dying gasp (in order to identify if the equipment is down because power
issue)
* Rate limit per port
* SNMP support to check SFP DDM values
* Rack mountable

I would appreciate if you can share what you use for these type of
requirements.

Thank you and have a great day

Regards