OT - Small DNS "appliances" for remote offices.

Nick Ellermann nellermann at broadaspect.com
Wed Feb 18 22:31:34 UTC 2015

Sounds coo with the pi idea. Not sure of the cache level you need but we have great success with fortigates  performing firewall and local DNS host even for a small remote site that is part of an MS AD via a VPN tunnel. It can be setup and managed just like a DNS server. No extra devices to learn or manage!

Nick Ellermann
~Sent from my iPhone~

+1 for the pi,

The new model has a quad core and 1GB of ram which should be more than enough for a DNS.