FTTx Active-Ethernet Hardware

Gerard Dupont III gerard at shelbybb.com
Sun Feb 15 04:03:42 UTC 2015

We have several of them in service for almost 18 months now. Overall I'm
happy with them, but I have had some minor issues.

I had an issue where DHCP Option 82 information was incorrect and support
had a new firmware fix within 72 hours.

When trying to access the oldest events in the detailed system log after
months of uptime will cause the switch to reboot.

I have an issue where SFP's won't fully power up or turn on when inserted.
Move the SFP to a different port and it will work fine. OR if you leave it
in the non working port and power cycle the switch it will then work fine.
May just be an incompatibility with the cheap fiberstore SFPs.

Other than that I can't think of anything else. We're not doing anything
fancy on them. Just single vlan per port.

Gerard