Any recommendations for FXS/FXO hardware with Cisco Unified CME

Joel M Snyder Joel.Snyder at Opus1.COM
Wed Feb 11 12:10:39 UTC 2015

Folks:

Since a lot of NSPs are also in the VoIP business, I was wondering if
anyone has specific recommendations for low-density (2-8 ports) FXS/FXO
hardware that they are using with Cisco PBX devices.  (And I guess T1/E1
as well.)

I know that typical IOS boxes can take modules/interfaces/whatever to
handle FXS/FXO/T1/E1, but I'm trying to put some electrical distance
between the Cisco PBX and the phone company to keep environmental
problems (lightning, mostly) from blowing up the PBX.

Cisco themselves seem to have cancelled almost all of their low-end
hardware, leaving us with Sipura/Linksys.  I have had good results with
Audiocodes+Asterisk, but not in the Cisco PBX environment.  Does anyone
have boots-on-the-ground knowledge of good analog gateway choices that
play very nicely with Cisco PBX?

jms
--
Joel M Snyder, 1404 East Lind Road, Tucson, AZ, 85719
Senior Partner, Opus One       Phone: +1 520 324 0494