mpls over microwave

Daniel Hooper dhooper at gold.net.au
Fri Feb 6 02:46:54 UTC 2015

Aviat Networks has recently released a microwave router with MPLS features, it's basically a router inside the microwave indoor unit.

What we've found what hurts with anything over microwave is when you're running n+n links over long haul and the RF modulation steps down on one of those links and decreases your bandwidth, the Aviat solution is apparently meant to solve this with the RF cards talking directly to the on-board router and giving your MPLS nodes a kick to shift traffic in the right direction.

-Daniel