Recommended wireless AP for 400 users office

Lewis, Mitchell T. mlewis at techcompute.net
Mon Feb 2 02:53:33 UTC 2015

"If you choose not to renew, your Meraki systems will cease to provide network access on February 28, 2015."

I find that interesting as it is my understanding (confirmed by Meraki
documents the last I knew) the Meraki Cloud's functionality is carried
out on the control domain & does not have any involvement in packet
forwarding(my limited testing with Meraki equipment confirmed this). I
knew that access to change configuration might disappear but, I was not
aware that the data plane could be interrupted as well. That is a
excellent item for me to investigate further as I have investigated
Meraki as a solution in the past.

On a side note, those of you in this situation described below-you may
want to take a peek at this:
https://meraki.cisco.com/support/#policies:gpl . Does not provide an
"enterprise" solution but never the less may get you out of a jam if
needed until replacement equipment can be purchased etc.

Mitchell T. Lewis

Mlewis at Techcompute.Net <mailto:MLewis at ItGeekdom.Net>

LinkedIn Profile:www.linkedin.com/in/mlewisitg
<http://www.linkedin.com/in/mlewisitg>
Mobile: (203)816-0371

A computer will do what you tell it to do, but that may be much
different from what you had in mind. ~Joseph Weizenbaum