ridiculous problems getting an ATT circuit port mode changed

Andrew Wentzell awentzell at gmail.com
Thu Dec 31 01:57:40 UTC 2015

On Tue, Dec 29, 2015 at 9:13 PM, Joe Maimon <jmaimon at ttec.com> wrote:
> Apparently there is still raison d'etre for everyone not a giant telco.
>
> We placed the circuit with tagging expected for the service vlan.
>
> We got it delivered without.
>
> We requested it be changed.
>
> Apparently that takes a change order, which when it is finally filed, takes
> 7-10BD to complete.
>
> However, there is another complication. The vlan has to be different or the
> order cant be accepted, since the vlan is in use.
>
> Options presented range from just reconfigure all your equipment, use it
> without the tag, reorder the UNI and expect at least a week of downtime.
>
> This when we all know, and the TAC group flat out confirmed, the change is a
> push of button, a flick of a switch, a twist of a knob, etc, etc..
>
> I view circuits with such change difficulties as liabilities.
>
> Does anyone know anybody over in ATT land who can sort through this
> nonsense?

Did you already accept delivery? If not, call whatever number you have
for "test and turn up" and request the tech to make these changes.
This will be a different group than the one that handles changes to
existing circuits.

If you accepted, then you're out of luck and in for a wait. It doesn't
matter how trivial the change is, or how big a customer you are. Of
course, you'll be billed for the service in the meantime.